Why work for Contiki?
Contiki is the legendary worldwide leader in holidays for 18 – 35 year olds. For over 60 years we’ve been taking like-minded travelers around the world offering unforgettable experiences and memories in over 40 countries across five continents.
To be a Contiki Trip Manager it takes a person who has a passion for travel, someone who likes to work with cool and interesting people and deliver excellent experiences throughout America. Our Trip Managers come from every walk of life – but it takes a special type of person to be a Contiki Trip Manager. It may be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Contiki provides you with in-depth training to give you the tools and knowledge to be successful in this position.
Requirements as a Trip Manager:
- A passion for new experiences and the USA – you must be willing to learn and have the desire to keep on learning
- Great time management skills, and basic accounting skills with a high level of accuracy
- An enthusiastic and motivated attitude – we expect you to work hard for our company and for our travellers.
- As a Trip Manager you must be responsible and professional at all times. You’ll be dealing with all types of people, as our travelers come from all around the globe; they speak many languages and have many different expectations.
- Love of a challenge – being a Trip Manager itself will constantly present you with many different and at times, challenging situations.
- A positive outlook and the ability to deal with all situations in a calm and mature manner.
- A problem solving attitude – you will have to assist travellers with lost passports, when they have injuries or need to visit a hospital, conflict of personalities etc.
- To work well both independently and as part of a team – when you are on a trip you will be working with local suppliers and guides and our Operations Team – you will be part of a very big picture.
- A genuine love of working with, and being around people every day.
- As a member of our road crew and being the Trip Manager, you will be the face of Contiki – dealing with our travelers each day and ensuring that they have the vacation of a lifetime! We have high expectations of our road crew – only the best will do. We’ve been at the top of our game for the past 60 years and that’s where we intend to stay!
- As a Trip Manager You must be able to work and travel in the United States.
- You can commit to a minimum of 1 year from April 2024 in the Contiki USA region.
- Experience with leading groups.
- Confidence when speaking in front of a group.
- Previous travel in America.
- Having previously travelled with Contiki or participated in a group tour of some description.
What happens next?
Once we have reviewed your application you will hear from us via email. If we think you may be suitable for the position as a Trip Manager, we’ll schedule you for a personal virtual interview.
Initial interviews will be from January 2024 via TEAMS/Zoom etc. If asked to attend an in-person final interview, these will be held in Los Angeles in March 2023. Due to the nature of the role, you must be able to attend an interview in person to be considered.
If offered a position as a Trip Manager on the Contiki Training Trip – Training begins in April 2024 and involves 3-4 weeks traveling the US on our Grand Southern itinerary.
Need more information?
If you need more information email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply!