- Continuing education credits
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
Crisis Care Therapist | Telehealth
Brightside (www.brightside.com) is a tech-enabled healthcare company. We provide quality mental health care, backed by science, and delivered with humanity.
Brightside Health is looking to partner with licensed therapists interested in our life-saving Crisis Care program. We follow the evidence-backed Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS) paired with Brightside’s innovative and effective digital mental health tools to treat clients with elevated suicide risk (those that need more than routine outpatient care but don’t require hospitalization) as part of our Crisis Care program.
Crisis Care is a first-of-its-kind virtual care program that offers a high-touch, collaborative treatment approach backed by 30 years of research. We believe that we can leave a lasting, life-changing impact on the lives of those who need it most by creating access to quality mental health care specifically for those at risk of suicide.
Our Crisis Care therapists are also trained to deliver personalized, culturally responsive, and compassionate care to clients of our traditional therapy program at Brightside Health. Using an evidenced-based Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approach, our clients complete live video sessions with their therapist as well as self-guided psychoeducation video lessons and practice exercises outside of session. With Brightside’s innovative care model, 86% of our clients are feeling better in 12 weeks (or less) and we’re delivering 50%+ higher rates of response and remission for depression when compared to a top US health system.
What You’ll Gain:
- Unprecedented impact: You will help create access to care for individuals who need it most and use evidence-based therapy to help clients reach their treatment goals. These treatment approaches allow for targeted, scientifically-supported care across a wide range of mental health needs.
- Clinical support: You will receive enhanced clinical support through weekly dedicated Crisis Care live drop-in consultation sessions with leadership and also have access to on-call clinical leadership 7-days per week.
- Care coordination support: You will receive care coordination support specifically for Crisis Care members that are not appropriate for the platform and require referral to different levels of care.
- Professional growth opportunities: You will receive free monthly continuing education trainings (CEUs).
- Custom-built tools: Enjoy our easy-to-use electronic medical record (EMR) integrated with treatment software, assessment tools, progress monitoring and crisis protocols for streamlined documentation and efficient, effective care.
- Billing support: Our therapist and client support teams handle all the billing so you can focus on providing care.
- Operational support: Our operational support teams provide clinical drop-in hours, IT support, member account/insurance support, and more.
- Competitive compensation: Earn up to $102.50 per hour.
Your Role as a Crisis Care Therapist at Brightside Health:
- Provide structured, effective and time limited treatment to clients within the Crisis Care program in accordance with the CAMS protocol. CAMS is shown to quickly reduce suicidal ideation in 6-8 sessions.
- Learn and receive training in the evidence-based Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS) intervention to treat suicidal thoughts and behaviors.
- Collaborate with other providers and the clinical leadership through weekly case consultation meetings and direct access to individual consultation with clinical leaders 7-days per week. Case consultation meetings are not mandatory, but we offer them for your clinical support.
- Maintain a balanced caseload of clients in Brightside’s Therapy program and the Crisis Care program. You may also support the continuity of care for clients who step down from Crisis Care with the option to continue with you in our Therapy program.
Your Role as a Mental Health Therapist serving our Therapy Program:
- Provide weekly evidence-based care through synchronous live video sessions to adults with a wide range of emotional disorders
- Collaborate with Brightside psychiatric providers to support comprehensive treatment and with fellow therapists as part of the growing therapist community
- Draw on automatically administered symptom self-assessments, functional improvement, and goal progress measures to monitored and adjust treatment plans
- Maintain timely clinical documentation through our user-friendly, reliable therapist portal that includes digital tools for streamlined documentation
- Receive support and consultation from the Therapy Leadership Team when needed
- 100% remote, telehealth position
- Create your own flexible schedule, Monday – Sunday
- No on-call work; you are not expected to be available 24/7 to your clients
- Free CEU’s
- Malpractice and tail insurance covered
- State of the art tools, customizable and reliable EMR integrated with artificial intelligence which prompts check-ins, follow-ups, and much more with your clients
- Health Insurance personalized plan recommendations through Stride Health partnership
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s or doctorate degree in clinical psychology, counseling, or clinical social work (e.g., MA, MS, MSW, MFT, MHC, PhD, PsyD) from an accredited program
- An independent license in the state where you reside (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC) from the USA (2+ state licenses is a huge plus)
- Licensed independently as a Therapist, Counselor or Psychologist for at least 1 year
- Preferably 2 years of recent experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidence-based interventions to individual adults struggling with depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders
- Must welcome treating all populations, comfortable working with a diverse range of mental health disorders and committed to delivering culturally responsive care.
- Tech-savviness and enthusiasm for integrating digital solutions into clinical practice
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, and are committed to equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate candidates or patients on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
$102.50 per hour