Licensed Mental Health Therapist or Counselor | Flexible Telehealth
Brightside provides quality mental health care, backed by science, and delivered with humanity. Using an evidenced-based Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approach, our members complete live video sessions with their therapist as well as self-guided video lessons and practice exercises outside of the session.
Our therapists are trained to deliver personalized, culturally responsive, and compassionate mental health care to all of their members. This treatment program allows our therapists to apply their advanced clinical skills where they have the biggest impact – providing thoughtful support, a space to process, and solution-focused care in partnership with their clients. Mental health is our first priority here at Brightside Health
Brightside therapists also have the option to become certified for free in Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicide (CAMS) to treat members with moderate risk for suicide as part of our Crisis Care Program. Crisis Care is a first-of-its-kind virtual care program that provides timely, intermediate care for individuals who are actively suicidal and/or have had a recent suicide attempt. CAMS offers an evidence-backed framework and a high-touch, collaborative treatment approach backed by 30 years of research.
With Brightside’s innovative care model, 86% of our members are feeling better in 12 weeks (or less) and we’re delivering 50%+ higher rates of response and remission for depression when compared to a top US health system.
What Therapists, Counselors and Psychologists Gain:
- Unprecedented impact: You will use the Unified Protocol and evidence-based therapy to help clients reach their treatment goals. These treatment approaches allow for targeted, scientifically-supported care across a wide range of mental health needs.
- Professional growth opportunities and clinical support: You will receive enhanced clinical support through weekly live drop-in consultation sessions with leadership and free monthly continuing education training (CEUs).
- Custom-built tools: Enjoy our easy-to-use electronic medical record (EMR) integrated with treatment software, assessment tools, progress monitoring, and crisis protocols for streamlined documentation and efficient, effective care.
- Billing support: Our therapist and client support teams handle all the billing so you can focus on providing care.
- Operational support: Our operational support teams provide clinical drop-in hours, IT support, member account/insurance support, and more.
- Competitive compensation: 1099 opportunities available according to state licensure.
Your Role as a Mental Health Therapist at Brightside:
- Provide weekly evidence-based care through synchronous live video sessions to adults with a wide range of emotional disorders
- Collaborate with Brightside psychiatric providers to support comprehensive treatment and with fellow therapists as part of the growing therapist community
- Draw on automatically administered symptom self-assessments, functional improvement, and goal progress measures to monitor and adjust treatment plans
- Maintain timely clinical documentation through our user-friendly, reliable therapist portal that includes digital tools for streamlined documentation
- Receive support and consultation from the Therapy Leadership Team when needed
- 100% remote, telehealth position for Therapists, Counselors, and Psychologists
- Create your own flexible schedule, Monday – Sunday
- No on-call work
- Free CEU’s
- Malpractice and tail insurance covered
- State-of-the-art tools, customizable and reliable EMR integrated with artificial intelligence which prompts check-ins, follow-ups, and much more with your clients
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s or doctorate degree in clinical psychology, counseling, or clinical social work (e.g., MA, MS, MSW, MFT, MHC, PhD, PsyD) from an accredited program
- An independent license in the state where you reside (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC) from the USA (2+ state licenses is a huge plus)
- Licensed independently as a Therapist, Counselor, or Psychologist for at least 1 year
- Preferably 2 years of recent experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidence-based interventions to individual adults struggling with depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders
- Must be available for at least 9+ hours a week
- Must welcome treating all populations and be committed to delivering culturally responsive care, especially to people with mental health issues.
- Tech-savviness and enthusiasm for integrating digital solutions into clinical practice
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, and are committed to equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against candidates or patients on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
$70.00 – $75.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Choose your own hours